Instagram Adds New Activity Status Indicator
Instagram has officially announced the addition of a new feature to its app, an activity status indicator. What this entails is users will now be able to see exactly when their friends are online and available to chat.
In the official Instagram blog post , the social media platform stated, "When your friends are active on Instagram, you'll see a green dot next to their profile picture in various spaces within the app, including the Direct inbox and your friend list when you share a post from feed." This status will only be available for friends who follow you or people who have DM'd you.
For those who do not want to share their status, the “Show Activity Status” can be disabled in the app's Settings menu. However, if disabled, you also won't be able to see when your friends are active. The new Activity Status is part of Instagram's series of big changes, having recently introduced IGTV, a clear competitor to YouTube. Leave your thoughts on Instagram's new update below.
In other tech news, WhatsApp will...
The last Posts from "Hypebeast"
- BAPE & EA Sports Join Forces on a Vibrant Collection
- Leopard Print Joins Nike's Air VaporMax 2.0 Animal-Themed Pack
- TAKAHIROMIYASHITA TheSoloIst. Releases an Insulation-Focused Tyvek® Shell Hooded Jacket
- Maison Kitsuné Welcomes First South Korean Flagship With Exclusive Capsule
- Nike's Air VaporMax 2.0 Debuts Tiger Stripes
- Wu-Tang Clan Assemble to Perform "Protect Ya Neck" & "C.R.E.A.M." on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
- Brad Hall Visits HYPEFEST and Goes Streetwear Shopping at Home Depot
- LeBron James Debuts Nike LeBron 16 "King Court Purple" During Lakers Home Opener
- Nike Gives the Air Max 270 an "Indigo Force" Makeover
- Gucci Gives the LA Dodgers' Classic Cap the GG Monogram Treatment
- Nike's Air More Money Gets Dipped in "Metallic Gold"
- Quavo Confirms Migos Track for Kanye West's Upcoming 'Yandhi' Album
- Mike WiLL Made-It Teases 'Creed II' Soundtrack Features
- Nanamica & New Balance Celebrate Utility and Sports in New Collaboration
- A Closer Look at the 'New York Times' x Études FW18 Capsule
- Chris Paul & Rajon Rondo Threw Punches During Lakers-Rockets Game
- Jordan Legacy 312 "Rookie of the Year" Officially Unveiled
- KAWS' Colossal 'CLEAN SLATE' Companion Spotlighted in Upcoming Phillips Auction
- 18-Year-Old LeBron James Predicts Future Success in Latest Nike Video
- Adidas to Release Modernized Nite Jogger in 2019
The headlines of TopFash
Ferragamo matriarch dies age 96
Wanda Ferragamo, matriarch of the Ferragamo luxury Florentine shoemaker and the company's honorary president, has died at age 96. The brand's founder, Salvatore Ferragmo, died...
Nike's Air VaporMax 2.0 Debuts Tiger Stripes
Following a striking "Zebra" colorway, Nike 's Air VaporMax 2.0 now debuts a tiger stripe edition from its larger animal-themed pack scheduled to release later this Fall. This...
A Closer Look at the 'New York Times' x Études FW18 Capsule
Études kicked off 2018 with a killer new range at Paris Fashion Week. The French label's Fall/Winter 2018 selection of styles featured adidas collaborative items alongside...
Pete Davidson Reveals How He's Coping After Ariana Grande Split: ‘Looking...
He's trying to look on the bright side. Pete Davidson finally addressed his split with ex-fiancée Ariana Grande during a comedy show on Oct. 20. The Saturday Night Live star...
Kanye West Surprises Kim Kardashian In The Sweetest Way For Her 38th...
Step aside, Rico Suave! Kim Kardashian officially turned the big 3-8 on Oct. 21 and to no surprise, Kanye West pulled out all the stops for the special occasion. The rapper...
Prince Harry Flies Solo In Sydney As Meghan Markle's Schedule Is Cut Back
The pregnant Duchess of Sussex gets a break.
Nike ACG Air Revaderchi Receives Two New Fall Colorways
Continuing its retro ACG revival , Nike put together two new colors of its Air Revaderchi model for Fall. Available in grey/purple and blue/teal/black looks, once again the...
Balenciaga is Being Sued for Ripping Off Tree Car Feshner Design
After being sued by a New York souvenir company , Balenciaga is in hot water once again. According to reports , the luxury fashion is now being sued by The CAR- FRESHNER...
The Hunger Magazine online
Five Things to Know about Chanel SS19
Meghan Markle Says She Actually Feels More ‘Free' After Ditching Social Media
Almost everything about being a duchess sounds pretty awesome to us. Wearing tiaras, going on royal trips, being widely beloved by the entire world: that all sounds amazing...