Starbucks 'Signing Store' Will Open to Serve Deaf Customers
Starbucks has announced that it will open a location in the U.S. exclusively ran in American Sign Language. The store will be located in Washington, D.C. and is slated to open later in October following the debut of its first-ever "Signing Store" in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, two years ago.
The store will be managed by two dozen deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing employees who have experience in ASL. The store will utilize " DeafSpace " acoustics, space, and proximity design modifications and practices for a streamlined customer experience, including being mindful of reflective surfaces and creating clear sight lines for acute navigation. Deaf baristas will wear aprons with "Starbucks" embroidered in ASL, hearing baristas will wear "I Sign" pins if they're able to sign, and if the customer doesn't speak ASL, they can make and receive orders from a special set of directions they'll have access to.
The store will be established near Gallaudet University, a private university for the deaf and hard of hearing...
The last Posts from "Hypebeast"
- BAPE & EA Sports Join Forces on a Vibrant Collection
- Leopard Print Joins Nike's Air VaporMax 2.0 Animal-Themed Pack
- TAKAHIROMIYASHITA TheSoloIst. Releases an Insulation-Focused Tyvek® Shell Hooded Jacket
- Maison Kitsuné Welcomes First South Korean Flagship With Exclusive Capsule
- Nike's Air VaporMax 2.0 Debuts Tiger Stripes
- Wu-Tang Clan Assemble to Perform "Protect Ya Neck" & "C.R.E.A.M." on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
- Brad Hall Visits HYPEFEST and Goes Streetwear Shopping at Home Depot
- LeBron James Debuts Nike LeBron 16 "King Court Purple" During Lakers Home Opener
- Nike Gives the Air Max 270 an "Indigo Force" Makeover
- Gucci Gives the LA Dodgers' Classic Cap the GG Monogram Treatment
- Nike's Air More Money Gets Dipped in "Metallic Gold"
- Quavo Confirms Migos Track for Kanye West's Upcoming 'Yandhi' Album
- Mike WiLL Made-It Teases 'Creed II' Soundtrack Features
- Nanamica & New Balance Celebrate Utility and Sports in New Collaboration
- A Closer Look at the 'New York Times' x Études FW18 Capsule
- Chris Paul & Rajon Rondo Threw Punches During Lakers-Rockets Game
- Jordan Legacy 312 "Rookie of the Year" Officially Unveiled
- KAWS' Colossal 'CLEAN SLATE' Companion Spotlighted in Upcoming Phillips Auction
- 18-Year-Old LeBron James Predicts Future Success in Latest Nike Video
- Adidas to Release Modernized Nite Jogger in 2019
The headlines of TopFash
D Repubblica Magazine
Ferragamo matriarch dies age 96
Wanda Ferragamo, matriarch of the Ferragamo luxury Florentine shoemaker and the company's honorary president, has died at age 96. The brand's founder, Salvatore Ferragmo, died...
Nike's Air VaporMax 2.0 Debuts Tiger Stripes
Following a striking "Zebra" colorway, Nike 's Air VaporMax 2.0 now debuts a tiger stripe edition from its larger animal-themed pack scheduled to release later this Fall. This...
A Closer Look at the 'New York Times' x Études FW18 Capsule
Études kicked off 2018 with a killer new range at Paris Fashion Week. The French label's Fall/Winter 2018 selection of styles featured adidas collaborative items alongside...
Pete Davidson Reveals How He's Coping After Ariana Grande Split: ‘Looking...
He's trying to look on the bright side. Pete Davidson finally addressed his split with ex-fiancée Ariana Grande during a comedy show on Oct. 20. The Saturday Night Live star...
Kanye West Surprises Kim Kardashian In The Sweetest Way For Her 38th...
Step aside, Rico Suave! Kim Kardashian officially turned the big 3-8 on Oct. 21 and to no surprise, Kanye West pulled out all the stops for the special occasion. The rapper...
Meghan Markle Wore a Thing: L'Agence Pinstriped Blazer in Australia Edition
Ever since announcing her engagement to Prince Harry, the world's eyes have been fixed on Meghan Markle - and her style. We'll be following the Meghan Markle Effect™ with our...
Nike ACG Air Revaderchi Receives Two New Fall Colorways
Continuing its retro ACG revival , Nike put together two new colors of its Air Revaderchi model for Fall. Available in grey/purple and blue/teal/black looks, once again the...
Balenciaga are being sued for copying Little Trees air fresheners
Balenciaga aren't exactly known for their reserve when it comes to creating products that blatantly copy other brands' designs. At the label's AW18 show , creative director...
The Hunger Magazine online
Five Things to Know about Chanel SS19