Yohji Yamamoto SS19 Was a Noir Masterpiece
Yohji Yamamoto doesn't merely design black clothing. Though he is generally recognized as the godfather of modern-day dark clothing, Yamamoto has been expanding his oeuvre for years, tapping bold, brilliant colors and unapologetically loud prints for extra impact - Spring/Summer 2019 continues that trend, without sacrificing the classic cuts that Yamamoto is recognized for.
For the warm weather, the Japanese designer introduced a collection of overwhelming volume, balancing enormous coats with graceful, expansive trousers and lengthy shirting. Nothing unusual for Yamamoto, but this range distinguished itself with a variety of bold patterns and prints, including generous floral imagery across shirts & pants, female faces and plenty of Japanese Kana. Suiting ranged from separate blazers to complete three-piece get-ups, including some ragged leather blazers, offset by panels of the designer's preferred wool gabardine. Ever-so slightly more casual items included balloon...
The last Posts from "Hypebeast"
- Streetsnaps: Denzel Curry in London
- A Closer Look at the 'Dragon Ball Z' x adidas EQT Support ADV PK
- Tokyo Label DOLLYANDMOLLY Injects Punk Spirit Into Womenswear
- Take a Look Inside YMC's New London Store
- A Closer Look at TAKAHIROMIYASHITA TheSoloist. x Salomon Alpine Boots
- Take An Exclusive Behind-The-Scenes Look at Kurupt FM's "Last Tour Ever. Probably"
- Nike & Raheem Sterling Unveil Colin Kaepernick-Style Advert
- Here Are the 10 Highest-Grossing iPhone Apps for 2018
- Timothy Weah: From the Big Apple to the City of Lights
- Vetements' New Range of Metal Accessories Have Arrived
- Union Los Angeles Is Hosting a Final Jordan Brand Restock
- Balenciaga to Launch First Kering Eyewear Collection at DSM
- NEIGHBORHOOD Taps BAPE's Shark Hoodie for Its latest Incense Chamber
- Kylie Jenner Takes to Twitter to Debunk Travis-Kanye Shade Rumors
- Nike's Lunar Force 1 Duckboot Low Gears Up in "Desert Ochre"
- Macaulay Culkin Reviews 'Home Alone' Video Games with Angry Video Game Nerd
- The Nike LeBron Ambassador 11 Receives a “Galaxy” Makeover
- A-COLD WALL* Releases Its SHARD Low Sneaker in "Clay"
- NEIGHBORHOOD Releases Its Take on the Cowichan Sweater
- RIMOWA & Skyhour Release Monthly Travel Subscription Cabin Suitcase
The headlines of TopFash
The Financial Times-How To Spend It Magazine
Check the Hall
'Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse' Debuts at No. 1 With $35.4 Million USD
Marvel and Sony 's latest animated feature Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse made its weekend debut atop the North American box office charts. Ranking in $35.4 million USD in...
Cardi B ‘Still Loves' Her Estranged Husband Offset Amid Cheating Scandals
Rap royalty couple Cardi B and Offset recently called it quits after a year of marriage, but it looks like old habits truly die hard. Even though Cardi hinted at an impending...
Advent Calendar Day 16: Totokaelo x NEEDLES Ribbon Shirts
NEEDLES ' signature Ribbon Shirt has remained a staple since the brand's inception, as the style is demonstrative of the Japanese label's hands-on approach to reshaping...
Pete Davidson Briefly Appears On ‘SNL' After Sharing Disturbing Message And...
After breaking the entire world's heart, SNL star Pete Davidson just went to work. On Dec. 15, Pete took the world through a hurricane of shocking Instagram pleas, social media...
Kanye West says people with mental health problems are ‘written off'
Kanye West has been feuding with Drake on Twitter over the last couple of days, also hitting Travis Scott and Pusha T in the crossfire as he criticised Drake's supposed sneaky...
Ariana Grande Seemingly Supports Pete Davidson After His Cryptic Post: ‘I'm...
To say that singer Ariana Grande and SNL actor Pete Davidson have had an interesting relationship is an understatement, but the two have definitely had their moments throughout...
‘RHOC' Star Shannon Beador Flaunts Her Weight Loss After Making Up With...
Though Real Housewives of Orange County stars Shannon Beador and Tamra Judge have had some serious fights in recent time, it seems like the co-stars have finally reconciled and...