Yohji Yamamoto SS19 Was a Noir Masterpiece
Yohji Yamamoto doesn't merely design black clothing. Though he is generally recognized as the godfather of modern-day dark clothing, Yamamoto has been expanding his oeuvre for years, tapping bold, brilliant colors and unapologetically loud prints for extra impact - Spring/Summer 2019 continues that trend, without sacrificing the classic cuts that Yamamoto is recognized for.
For the warm weather, the Japanese designer introduced a collection of overwhelming volume, balancing enormous coats with graceful, expansive trousers and lengthy shirting. Nothing unusual for Yamamoto, but this range distinguished itself with a variety of bold patterns and prints, including generous floral imagery across shirts & pants, female faces and plenty of Japanese Kana. Suiting ranged from separate blazers to complete three-piece get-ups, including some ragged leather blazers, offset by panels of the designer's preferred wool gabardine. Ever-so slightly more casual items included balloon...
The last Posts from "Hypebeast"
- Only One Felipe Hits the Strip Club in "Pocket" Video
- Kevin Hart & Tiffany Haddish Get Personal on 'Hot Ones: Truth or Dab'
- A Closer Look at Prada's FW18 Montagna Pouch
- Latest Trailer for 'Super Mario Party' Highlights Several New Mini Games
- SiriusXM Is Buying Pandora
- The New Air Jordan 1 High Double Strap Mixes Olive and Orange
- Users Report iPhone XS and XS Max Has Poor Cellular & Wi-Fi Reception
- Gucci SS19 Was Rich With Kitsch
- Next Nike Air Max 95 Will Sport "Reflect Silver" Color
- Off-White™'s MR PORTER-Exclusive Tote Bag Is Now Available
- Celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival with These Five Luxurious Mooncakes
- Dr. Dre TV Series Reportedly Dropped by Apple
- Marina Abramović Attacked By Man Brandishing Portrait Of The Performance Artist
- Check Out This Fan-Made Anime Trailer for 'Star Wars: A New Hope'
- The Air Jordan 5 Goes Laceless, adidas Links with 'Dragon Ball Z' and More in This Week's Footwear Drops
- Nike Celebrates Tiger Woods's 80th PGA Tour Win With New Ad
- Latest 'Death Stranding' Trailer Reveals a New Antagonist
- Nike Stock Soars by $6 Billion USD Following Kaepernick Campaign
- ICYMI: Lou Phelps & Kaytranada, Prince, Ryan Hemsworth & More Drop New Music
- Childish Gambino Foot Injury Causes Tour Concert to End Abruptly
The headlines of TopFash
Everything that happened at Gucci's one-time-only Paris show
It's day one of Paris Fashion Week , and we're starting with Gucci , who this season have made the leap from Milan to the French capital - for one show only. Obviously, the...
Hardware LDN Spring 2019: New York Fashion Week
Hardware LDN NYFW FW19 Represented by Seventh House PR. The 80s are back and they are alive and thriving. Strong female looks paired with trendy pieces from the past and...
Antonio Berardi: Ready-to-Wear SS19
You don't always need Spice Girls to bring out the best of female power. Sometimes, it's enough to have Antonio Berardi. For his SS19 collection, our fave Italian decided to...
Barely-there and beachy, Jacquemus' slinky strappy Spring longs for Sicily
See snaps from Jacquemus' Spring Summer 2019 named "La Riviera"
'Bachelor' Spoilers: We Already Know Who Receives Colton Underwood's First...
We're still four months away from the season premiere of The Bachelor, and the spoilers are already rolling in! On Sept. 24, reports surfaced as to...
People Are Wearing Black to Support Women Accusing Brett
People Are Wearing Black to Support Women Accusing Brett Kavanaugh of Sexual Assault People across the country are wearing all black to support women accusing Donald Trump's...
Industry Icons Got Dressed up in Sustainably Made Gowns for the Green Carpet...
On Sunday evening, models, Hollywood starlets and designers gathered at Milan's La Scala for the Green Carpet Fashion Awards. The event is put on by Eco-Age - a sustainability...
Millie Bobby Brown Crashes Maroon 5 Show With Surprise Cardi B Rap
Stranger things have happened.
Blue Sky Thinking
Dr. Dre TV Series Reportedly Dropped by Apple
Vital Signs , a television show that Dr. Dre was developing revolving around his life was, was reportedly pulled by Apple boss Tim Cook. There were concerns about scenes...